Friday 28 October 2016

Water ride at a Theme park gone wrong - Dreamworld, Australia October 25, 2016


I left for a trip to Samoa on September 03rd. But weeks before I left I dreamt the same thing twice & each time, I have woken up scared & if I tell you why, you'll see.

I was dreaming that, I had taken my son to a theme park. We were walking together, I had gone to get something for him & when I looked back, a water ride has gone terribly wrong & people have drowned including my son (they were pinned down and trapped). I remember seeing his lifeless body. I tried my hardest to wake up & when I did, the first thing I went to do was check on my son. He was sleeping peacefully but I was literally shaking and hugging him tightly & was kissing him and repeatedly said: "I love you son." I didn't want to go back to sleep because I wasn't sure whether I was going to sleep peacefully or go back to that dream.

I woke up & told my mom of how horrible this dream was & because we were going overseas, we were both aware that we should be extremely careful where Ayrai goes because no doubt this kid loves water.

The following week, I had the same exact dream. My son and I at the theme park & again seeing this water ride go wrong and people drown and are trapped under water (1 being my son) I woke up again in tears, scared & horrified at what I had seen for the 2nd time round. I couldn't figure out why I had dreamt this but yet took it as a warning to be aware of where my son is & to keep eyes on him at all times.

THEN.....


On October 25th in Brisbane, Australia.
A tragedy that made headlines around the world.
4 people were killed on the Thunder Rapids Water Ride at Dreamworld Theme park at the Gold Coast. The ride over turned which resulted in passengers being trapped underwater & some stuck in the conveyor belt.



Dream: Water ride tragedy at a theme park.

Real: Thunder Rapids Water Ride at Dream World Theme park

Dream: Passengers were trapped & were drowning

Real: Passengers were trapped & drowned


Seeing these events unfold on Television made me even more sad. Not only have I seen it twice but now 3 times. Even though it wasn't my son affected but the people that have drowned are somebody else's children/mother/sibling or family member. It was someone close to someone. It isn't easy dreaming things like these, sometimes I still try to make sense of why I do dream this but I guess that's for me to figure out. Rest in love to those 4 people who lost their lives that day.



No comments:

Post a Comment